Justin Marc Karcher B.Comm.
Justin has been helping charities, organisations, clubs and individuals with sponsorship acquisition and fundraising for over 20 years. He was immersed in the world of fundraising, marketing, sales, branding, advertising and promotions even before finishing high school. Rather than write you a long story (which would be very interesting!) we’ve decided to list a few of his achievements below.
• Country-wide COO of an event involving 100,000+ participants that raised $12.5m, a 34% increase in income from the previous attempt and a Guinness World Record!
• Promoted and/or managed over 1000 events in Australia, across the UK, PNG, and South-East Asia
• Lived and worked in North America, the UK, South-East Asia, PNG, Japan and Australia
• 18+ years senior management and international business operations
• 10+ years of IP and Brand Management consultation
• 15+ years as a business owner with a global focus and contact database
• 15+ years of senior marketing and sales experience
• Owned international preschools in PNG, restaurants in Brisbane, 21 online businesses and yada yada yada..
• 8 years living and working in PNG brought home the real need to identify with those who have greater needs
• Frequent tours through South East Asia for speaking engagements over the past 15 years
• 6+ years as a Professional Accountant
• Holds a degree in Commerce, with majors in Marketing and Business Finance, University of Adelaide
Justin has written 10 pages of his 300+ page epic rollercoaster of a novel. By the time his day ends – which combines a morning surf; wearing his Captain Fundraising costume to a full day at work (yes, we have the evidence!); discussing the finer details of life with his 16 year-old-gorgeous-singing-sensation-daughter; taking a swim in the pool with his 3 year old daughter who thinks she’s a dolphin; playing peek-a-boo with his 1 year-old-future-noble-prize-winning-daughter; and finally enjoying a good yarn with the better-half – he doesn’t understand but greatly admires anyone who can find the time to write a book!
- 2016 = Brian Lara Australian Tour
- 2014 = Allan Border tours of QLD and NSW
- 2014 = Write, design and produce a new variety show – Comedy Cooking Show – www.comedycooking.com.au
- 2013 = Bill Oddie – An Oldie but a Goodie – Australian Tour
- 2013 = 3 Week UK Tour with David Campese
- 2013 = 3 Week Australian Tour with Curtly Ambrose and Courtney Walsh
- 2012 = 4 Week Australian Tour with Curtly Ambrose and Courtney Walsh – www.ambrosewalsh.com
- 2012 = 4 Week UK and Jersey Tour with David Campese
- 2011 = 5 Week UK Tour with Sir Vivian Richards and Rodney Hogg
- 2010 = Two 4 week Australian tours with Sir Vivian Richards
- 2010 = Sporting Legends Night Out – www.legendsnightout.com.au
- 2010 = 30th anniversary of State of Origin
- 2010 = 6th consecutive year Justin Karcher has been the guest MC/Host of the AFL Grand Final in Bangkok. Ron Barassi travelled with Justin last year (only 2nd time in 55 years Ron was not at MCG for Grand Final!) and previous guests have been David Boon and Merv Hughes. The function is the largest (over 700 guests) AFL grand final party outside Melbourne
- 2009 = 100 shows performed and counting in the very popular Birth of Origin show starring Tommy Raudonikis and Arthur Beetson. A ‘The K Faktor’ concept.
- 2008 = co-coordinated the Ron Barassi 16 day cycling trip across Mongolia. Same group that walked Kokoda in 2006.
- 2008 Big Bird Joel Garner tour of QLD and NSW. Bird was back in Australia 2009 November and December.
- 2007 = Justin Karcher headed up the World’s Greatest Shave across Australia. This campaign set a Guinness World Record for the most number of participants and raised in excess of $12.5m!
- 2006 = Kokoda Trail – Ron Barassi’s 70th Birthday walk with participants such as John Bertrand, Robert Dipierdomenico, Hon. Simon Crean, Hon. Steve Crabb, David Shaw, Craig Kimberley, Paul Little, Brigadier Rick Burr and other great sporting, political and business luminaries. Location – Papua New Guinea
- 2006 = AFL International Cup, PNG Team – Melbourne, Australia
- 2002 = World Barbarian Sevens – South Pacific Islands
- 2002 = Kangaroos tour – PNG
- 2001 = OFC Club Championships (11 nations) – Oceania
- 1997 = NHL Past All Stars exhibition match. Calgary, Canada
- 1992 = Tochigi 24 hour Ski Challenge. Maple Hill Ski Resort, Utsunomia, Japan.
- 1990 = Celebrity Baseball Challenge, South Australia. Created and implemented event with
proceeds to charity, first ever event of its kind in Australia.